The Secret of Building Community By Being Nice with Allen Blunt, Regional Director of Orange Theory Fitness –San Diego
- Orange Theory Fitness is an interval based training program. Now has 1000 studios internationally. 13 locations in San Diego.
- So much more than just a regular fitness program because of the community that is created.
- Rediscovery for people to find a better version of themselves.
- OTF has an incredible think-tank that formulate the workouts that change every day. In 8 years, they have never delivered the same workout. All OTF’s participate in the same workout every day across the entire brand.
- 5 pillars of coaching – 1) voice 2) appearance 3) personality 4) energy and 5) biomechanics
- Social media has changed the dynamics of fitness from classes, nutrition training, and the celebration of member’s success.
- Choosing happiness is about creating a community of people around you that make you better.
- Structuring a book that you want to write starts with the outline. What are the 10 things you want the reader to know,
Notable Quotes From This Episode:
- When you can find fun and fitness in the same place, get on that train. That is where lifestyle is created.
- Best parenting advice: “Everything is going to be ok!”
- When you can find emotional stability in community, so many great things can come out of it.
- Being nice to others as much as ourselves makes us so much more of an asset to the world.
- Being nice is so simple if we just paid more attention.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- Book: Permission – Stop Competing & Start Creating the Life You Want to Live
Get In Touch: Facebook:
Nicole Matthews, Host
The Henley Co.
MUSIC: Licensor’s Author Username: AudioRoyale
Licensee: Nicole Matthews
Item Title: Happy and Cool
Item URL: https://audiojungle.net/item/happy-and-cool/15955239
Item ID: 15955239