- Ability to initiate a firm relationship that is built on trust and transparency
- Biggest black eye in my industry is the lack of attention, honesty and integrity with clients
- The most important thing I do is to follow through with relationships
- Fun Fact: speaks Spanish and is an avid surfer
- Started in the fitness industry at 18 years old. Knew that he wanted to get into leadership at 24Hour Fitness. Became a vice-president within 4 years.
- Fitness and financial industry are really not that different – both take discipline, direction and accountability.
- Learning how to cultivate relationships is both nature and nurture.
- The next generation has so few human interactions and it is a major concern because they don’t understand the value of relationships.
- Statutory employee – company agrees to pay your benefits, but everything else is self-funded.
- The most successful CEO’s are up and working before most people are even out of bed.
- I have to ask my clients daily for help to grow my business.
- If you cannot come up with a creative way to have your clients to introduce you, long term you are not going to be working with clients you actually like.
Notable Quotes From This Episode:
- Relationships supersede knowledge
- My job is to force you to confront the things that aren’t coming natural to you in regards to money
- If I don’t want to talk to anyone, I tell them I sell insurance. If I want to talk to everyone, I tell them I manage money.
- Challenge with millennials is that they all want to be entrepreneurs but very few have had real experience in actually being an entrepreneur.
- This business is made for and should only be about relationships.
- I don’t think the Big Ask is human nature. It takes guts.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
Get In Touch: Facebook:
Nicole Matthews, Host
The Henley Co.
MUSIC: Licensor’s Author Username: AudioRoyale
Licensee: Nicole Matthews
Item Title: Happy and Cool
Item URL: https://audiojungle.net/item/happy-and-cool/15955239
Item ID: 15955239